Prisons accommodate a multi-cultural, heterogeneous and restrained population for a long period. The food offer is adapted and varied to suit the various populations.
Catering is structured around:
- Group ordering according to the various diets involved
- Meals prepared on site, with the help of the prisoners, in kitchens incorporated into the establishments (occasionally, use of a central kitchen with incorporation of a relay kitchen in the establishment)
- Distribution for the most part in cells with components packaged either individually or in bulk (main dish), hot and cold
- A variable distribution time, in short circuits, but which can be increased by certain constraints.
The specificities of prisons and their exacting constraints have led ELECTRO CALORIQUE to devise a dedicated range to satisfy such requirements:
- Security of prisoners and users (sturdiness and inviolability of equipment)
- Ease of use
- Limited wheelbase to adapt to the varying corridor widths
- Optimum temperature maintaining for long distribution times
- Adaptability to changing populations